« Home | Mallrats » | Reliving My Youth » | Kyle 1...Sopeab 0 » | I'm Not The Type to Get Knocked for DWI » | Mats Sundin PokerStars Commercial » | Zune Down... » | 2009 » | Check Your Nutritional Facts Before Eating » | 24 Hours of Hoops » | Valleyfair...not your average Amusement Park »

Brand New Sweater

One thing I think is very interesting about sports is the massive amount of jerseys being introduced these days. Some teams have just a simple home/away jersey combination (ex- New York Yankees), while some seem to have more jersey combos than teams in their conference (ex - Oregon Ducks). This brings me to the thought of the newest jersey to be unveiled, the Minnesota Wild's third jersey.

Since their inception into the National Hockey League (NHL) in 2000, the Wild have had a very minor changes to their jerseys. First it was the traditional home/away jerseys (green/white), which sat pretty good with fans (myself included). In 2007, that changed as the Wild unveiled a new home jersey which was part of the Reebok Edge jersey system. Since then, that jersey has replaced the former green home sweater, and the Wild has remained one of the few NHL teams without a third jersey.

That is until now, as the Wild unveiled their new third uniform at the Minnesota State Fair. I've known about this for awhile now (the jersey was leaked at Icethetics.info a few days prior), but after getting a nice closeup view of the jersey, I would have to say I am not completely sold on the jersey. I will admit, it has a nice Minnesota-Northern-Iron Range feel to it, but the overall design is not as good as the other jerseys the Wild currently wear. From the front, the jersey looks absolutely great, but there are three things that bother me when I look at this jersey in comparison to the current home/away sweaters...

1) Overall Design - Looks like the home uniform with different colors and a new logo.
2) Blandness - The design is good, but not as high quality as other Wild jerseys.
3) Too Much White - The white stripes/numbers/name plates stand out too much from the green color of the jersey. I would have liked to see some darker colors used (ex - gold/red).

With those three negatives in mind, its still awesome to see that the Wild came out with a new jersey for the 2009-10 season. I guess it will probably take a little while for this design to wear on me, but odds are, I'll probably like the new sweater once I get to see the Wild wearing it this season.

Labels: ,

Very niсе poѕt. I just ѕtumblеd upоn уour blog аnd wishеd to ѕay that Ι've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribіng tο youг гѕѕ fеed аnd I
hoρe you wrіte аgaіn veгy
soon!

Feеl free to ѕuгf tο mу website; power Rating

Post a Comment